Thank you for an overwhelming response. The workshop took place from April 5-9, 2021.
96 participants joined the workshop.
Feedback by participants:
Excellent workshop. It was a great learning. It is my good fortune to have attended this workshop. Even top tier institutes dont provide these trainings and PhD students are desperate. You are doing a great service by helping the students.
- Aditya Agarwal, Doctoral Student, IIT Bombay
The learnings that I received from the workshop was truly insightful. It will help me immensely in my research. Vishal Sir, indeed gives his best his workshops. Thanks to Team Skills edge. Looking forward to the next workshop on multi-level modelling.
- Arunkumar Dubey, Faculty, S K Somaiya
I wish we had such course work at my institute. I first attended Vishal Sir lecture at the Doctoral Summer School at IIM A in 2017. He is very passionate about teaching and makes sure everybody follows. Rarely we find such dedicated teachers. Research scholars under him are really lucky.
- Ashwin J. Baliga, Doctoral Student, IIT Madras
Your organization has taken up a great cause As a PhD scholar, your workshop(s) are a ray of hope to me that I can be well trained methodologically. Please do continue with these workshops at regular intervals. I appreciate your efforts and look forward to attending the next workshop.
- Swati Oberoi, Doctoral Student, IIM Shillong
Its a great initiative by SkillsEdge and Prof. Vishal Gupta.These kind of workshops are so helpful to scholars. Please keep doing such workshops. Prof. Vishal Gupta, you are awesome as a teacher, researcher, facilitator and a great human being.
- Dr. Rupashree Baral, Faculty, IIT Madras
About the Workshop
The workshop was held on April 5-9, 2021 in online mode (over Zoom). The workshop aimed to provide research scholars and faculty working in the field of Management (Social Sciences) training on the aspects of regressions, mediation, moderation, and conditional process analysis.
Focus area of the Present Workshop
The workshop focused on multivariate regressions and the topics of mediations and moderations, two topics in the causal analysis that are closely related and often confused. The seminar focused on developing a thorough theoretical as well as a statistical understanding of the concepts of multivariate regressions as well as mediation and moderation. The workshop covered the following topics:
- Basics of OLS regressions (simple linear regressions, multivariate regressions)
- Mediation models (simple mediator models, multiple mediator models)
- Partitioning effects into direct and indirect components, and how to quantify and test hypotheses about indirect effects.
- Moderation analysis
- Estimating, testing, probing, and visualizing interactions in linear models.
- Conditional process models (moderated-mediation, mediated-moderations)
- Estimating conditional indirect effects, determining whether an indirect effect is moderated (moderated mediation) and whether moderated effects are mediated (mediated moderation).
- Computer applications will focus on the use of OLS regression and computational modelling using R Studio and SPSS.
The workshop was conducted in a practice-oriented manner where participants will be provided with theoretical understanding of regressions, mediation and moderation. The participants were provided with datasets and were be given training on performing analysis using R-Studio and SPSS.
About the Facilitator (Prof. Vishal Gupta, Associate Professor, IIM Ahmedabad)
Vishal Gupta is an Associate Professor in the Organizational Behavior Area at the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, India. He obtained his doctorate in Human Resource Management from the Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, India, in 2013. His PhD thesis on ‘Leadership in Public Sector R&D Organizations’ was awarded the ‘Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation’ award in the year 2013-14 in Leadership & Organizational Development category by European Federation for Management Development and the Emerald Group Publishing. He was recognized as an ‘Emerging Psychologist’ by the National Academy of Psychology, India in 2014. In 2016, he was conferred the ‘Young Scientist Award’ by the National Academy of Sciences India and Scopus (Elsevier). His webpage is: www.iima.ac.in/~vishal