Structural Equation Modeling
Recommended Text Books:
Recommended Research Papers:
- Beran, T. N., & Violato, C. (2010). Structural equation modeling in medical research: a primer. BMC research notes, 3, 267. https://doi.org/10.1186/1756-0500-3-267
- Fornell, C., & Larcker, D. F. (1981). Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Journal of Marketing Research, XVIII, 39-50.
- Hall, R. J., Snell, A. F., & Foust, M. S. (1999). Item Parceling Strategies in SEM: Investigating the Subtle Effects of Unmodeled Secondary Constructs. Organizational Research Methods, 2(3), 233-256.
- Hooper, D., Coughlan, J., & Mullen, M. R. (2008). Structural equation modeling: Guidelines for determining model fit. Electronic Journal of Buisness Research Methods, 6, 53-60.
- Podsakoff, P. M., MacKenzie, S. B., & Podsakoff, N. P. (2012). Source of method bias in social science research and recommendations on how to control it. Annual Review of Psychology, 63, 539-69.
- Schoorman, F. D., & Mayer, R. C. (2008). The Value of Common Perspectives in Self-Reported Appraisals: You Get What You Ask For. Organizational Research Methods, 11, 148-159.
- Schreiber, J. B., Nora, A., Stage, F. K., Barlow, E. A., & King, J. (2006). Reporting structural equation modeling and confirmatory factor analysis results: A review. The Journal of educational research, 99(6), 323-338.
- Ullman, J. B. (2006). Reviewing the basics and moving forward. Journal of Personality Assessment, 87, 35-50.
- Williams, L. J., Vandernberg, R. J., & Edwards, J. R. (2009). Structural equation modeling in management research: A guide for improved analysis. The Academy of Management Annals, 3, 543-604.
- Williams, L. J., and O’Boyle Jr., E. H. (2008). Measurement models for linking latent variables and indicators: A review of human resource management research using parcels_. Human Resource Management Review, 18,_ 233-242.
Example SEM Papers:
- Pandey, A., Gupta, V., & Gupta, R. (2019). Spirituality and Innovative Behaviour in Teams: Examining the Mediating Role of Team Learning. IIMB Management Review, 31(2), 116-126.
- Khatri, N., Gupta, V., & Varma, A. (2017). The relationship between HR capabilities and quality of patient care: The mediating role of proactive work behaviors. Human Resource Management. , 56(4), 673-691.
- Gupta, V., Singh, S. & Bhattacharya, A. (2017). Relationships between Leadership, Work Engagement and Employee Innovative Performance: Empirical Evidence from the Indian R&D Context. International Journal of Innovation Management, 21(7), 1-30.
- Gupta, V., Agarwal, U., & Khatri, N. (2016). The relationships between perceived organizational support, affective commitment, psychological contract breach, organizational citizenship behavior, and work engagement. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 72(11), 2806-2817.
- Gupta, V., & Singh, S. (2015). Leadership and Creative Performance Behaviors in R&D Laboratories: Examining the Role of Justice Perceptions. Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies, 22(1), 21-36.
- Gupta, V., & Singh, S. (2014). Psychological Capital as a Mediator of the Relationship between Leadership and Creative Performance Behaviors: Empirical Evidence from the Indian R&D Sector. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 25(10), 1373-1394.
SEM using MPlus: SEM courses using MPlus
SEM using R:
SEM using SPSS: